Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Day After Tragedy


The Day after Tragedy
 

Yesterday as tragic as it was I was encouraged by the people there.  In the midst of the bombs going off people ran to it and helped those in need.  As much evil there is in the world I have to believe that there is as much if not more good in the world.  I was watching the images and I saw a number of people without their shirts and at first I thought it was odd but then I realized that these people took the shirts off their own backs to help those in need.

This world is bombarded with attacks on the innocence and each and every time others stand up against the evil, people come together, and some sacrificed their own safety and sometimes lives to help others.   Yes, there is evil in this world, but when push comes to shove people come together regardless of beliefs, religion, race, and political views. United we stand.

On our way to drop the kids off to school I was able to talk to my kids again about what happened yesterday in Boston.  We had a chance to pray for those fighting for their lives and those grieving.  My heart was touched by the tenderness of theirs.  We talked about the evil in this world and we talked about the good as well.  We talked about how we will not live in fear and that our greatest weapon against evil is prayer. The statement was brought up that no one can take our prayers away from us, and no one can take away what we keep good inside us. We talked about how tragedy can united others and how good can come out of something so bad. We talked about God and the love He has for us.  It was a good talk.

I never want my children to live in fear, but I want them to stand strong and live their life.  Sydney my 11yr old daughter said, “it is like we are in God’s army and we need to fight back with our prayers for others.”  That is so true and so bold of a statement.  It is up to us to come together united in prayer and fight against the evils of this world.  When we our united we are stronger.  I will stand proud to be in the army of God and I will fight against the evil in this world and pray for a nation, a world, a people to come to know Christ as their personal Savior. 

My heart and prayers continue to go out to those hurting and in need.  My prayers will continue for justice, for a world to come together and fight for what is right, and for my children to never live in fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment