Friday, April 27, 2012

Mountains Valleys Pits and Storms


Mountains Valleys Pits and Storms



In this life there will be mountains to climb, valleys to cross, pits to get out of, and storms to face. Have you ever had to face something that was so vast and difficult that you were overwhelmed by it?  You find yourself standing at the base of a mountain looking up not knowing where it ends in the clouds, at the edge of a large valley where you can’t see the end of, at the bottom of a pit where there is no light to be found, or in the midst of a storm where you see no calm.  Well, I have been there many of times and to be completely honest I am there now. In those times questions fill your mind and doubts creep in. Questions like how can I do this, where do I start, and why are very common questions.  Fears set in and uncertainties are like the plague eating at your soul.  Hopelessness take charge and you find yourself in a flight or fight mode until you get to the point where there is barely any fight in you left.  When you reach that point where do you turn? How do you climb that mountain, cross that valley, get out of that pit, and survive the storm?  Well, the fact that there is a top to the mountain, there is the other side of the valley, that there is an out of the pit, and that fact that the storm will end means there is hope.

In Jeremiah 29:11 states, For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This verse was hard for me to swallow at one point.  I didn’t quite understand how all this heartache and pain could be good, and how can it prosper anything except hurt?  It is as simple as this God sees the big picture and He cares about our souls and the souls of others.  I don’t know about you but I am stubborn and tend to try to figure things out on my own.  Many times it is in the struggles I find the answers, the peace, and most of all I see God at work.  I would not have the love that I have for God and others if I didn’t have the life I’ve had so far. 

At the foot of that mountain I met God!  He was with me with every attempt to climb each boulder that was in front of me.  He was the one giving the strength to continue on, and He was there when I reached the top and looked down at the beauty that surrounded me.  At the edge of the valley I met God! He was there with me every step as I got tangled in the vines, ensnared by the weeds, and pricked by the thorns.  He was the one giving me the will to continue you on. He was even there when I reached the other side to than look back at all the beauty I had passed through.  In the pit I met God!  He was there to give me light and to show me the way up and that I wasn’t alone.  He was there as I struggled to pull myself through the cold moist dirt and was the one to offer me His hand when I got stuck.  He was even with me when I climb out of the pit to see how far I’ve come.  I met God in the midst of the storm.  He was the one to give me shelter, to keep me warm, and to keep me safe from all harm.  He was even there when the storm ended and signs of new life bloomed everywhere.

Oh how my heart leaps with joy when I think back to all those times where I thought things were hopeless only to find God.  What a comfort to know that no matter what difficulties life throws my way I know God will give me whatever it takes to make it through them.  The fact that I know that I am and never will be alone is my source of strength.  But most of all to know that God has a plan for me is what makes life worth living.  He cares so deeply and loves so dearly.  My God only wants the best for me. He only wants the best for you.  He loves more than life itself.  He proved that on the cross when He chose to die for you and me.  He died to give us life.  Realize that yes in this life there will be trouble but also realize that Our God will never leave you or forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment