Saturday, March 15, 2014

For the Good of Those Who Love Him


I am sorry that I haven’t written anything in a few days, but I have been facing a personal trail and I have been distracted with trying to figure things out.  I had a very hard decision to make and it hurt a lot to make it.  I had to sacrifice what I wanted for what was right.  My heart is sad but I have peace.  While I was going through the heart of this trial I felt distance from God not because He left but I shut Him out. I knew in my heart what was right, but I wanted to be in control.  I was focused on me and not the truth.  He never left my side, but was there gently loving me and whispering truth in my ears. Last night when I made the decision to do the right thing I was nervous about actually having to do it.  This morning when I put my faith in action and saw the result the scripture Romans 8:28 came to my mind, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God has a purpose for me and as funny as it sounds needs me to carry out His plan.  Maybe needs is the wrong word but He chose me to His will.  He created me and made me who I am to make a difference.  He has given me the gifts I have and my heart to do a specific job to further His kingdom. The heart that He created was made to reach certain people. The things I have been through in my life good and bad made it so I can relate to those who have, are going through, or will be going through the various things I have.  Who better to understand than someone who has gone through the same things that they have.

In this life we will be faced with many choices and many of them will be difficult to make, but if we trust in God we can count on that we will make the best decision.  I do have to admit that there is a little mourning of the loss of what I wanted but I have joy knowing that I made the right decision.  Now that I have made the right choice I will have to stay focused so I don’t get distracted again.  I am thankful to know when push comes to shove I know that God is there with me know matter what and if I put my focus on Him I can face any trial and know that I will ultimately make the right decision.

“Dear Father, thank you for loving me and never leaving me even though I tried to walk away even for a little bit.  Help me stay strong and keep my focus on you and not the lies of the world.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment