Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spreading His Word



I just finished watching a video about a flash mob that started singing gospel music and was dancing in the streets.  It brought tears to my eyes to see people stop and listen and to see some join in. The other thing I noticed was everyone taking out their phones and start filming it.  This made me think about how far technology has come and how we use it. How many of those people who recorded this event would then share it with someone else? 

Technology can be a distraction and for me many times it is, but it can also be used to further the Kingdom of God and make a positive effect in someone else’s life.  Every year I have a word instead of a New Year’s resolution and this year’s word is Focus and last year was Fearless.  Last year I chose the word Fearless because I wanted to step out in faith more and be a change in the world and make a difference for Christ.  I started posting more about my relationship with God and who He is to me.  I started writing more and stepping out of my comfort zone.  This was an experience that was hard and I got a lot of slack for it, but I also noticed people following the posts, even some who didn’t agree.  I even had a friend who for as long as I have known him did not believe in God say that he would pray for me.  I heard family members who I don’t have much contact with tell my parents about my posts.  What if my insignificant little post was actually making a difference? 

Last year was an extremely hard year for me and as the New Year was approaching I found myself praying for an end to the chaos, but it didn’t it was worse than ever.  I found myself in a state of mind where I didn’t know which way to go or what to do.  My mind became a blur and my focus was everywhere except for where it should have been and that is on God.  After much thought and prayer about my word for the year I chose Focus.  The next day I go to church and the series for the month was going to be “Tune my Heart.”  How funny is God, He has a way of letting you know that you are on the right track if you keep your eyes open to see it.

Focus, huh? This simple word would turn into one of my greatest challenges.  So much has already happen this year and it is only March.  There has been much trials and distraction.  I have been discouraged and numb at times, but when I turn my focus on God somehow things seems better.  I’m not saying that everything instantly became prefect, but I have peace. Problems still happen but my God shows up each and every time. He is there giving me strength, encouragement or whatever I need to get through the situation.

Have you ever heard the saying “God won’t give you anything you can’t handle?” I like to think of it as God won’t give you anything He can’t handle, for it is when we rely on Him is when we get through a tough situation.  There have been many occasions where I found myself in a situation where there was no way out.  There was a time where I felt there was no hope and there was a time where I felt like my life couldn’t continue on.  However, the instant I turned to God I found hope, even though at times it was but a small glimmer.  There are situations in life that we can’t handle on our own because we need God.  With God all things are possible and in Him is where we find our strength and hope.

In this life we will have trouble but God has overcome the world (John 16:33).  There is nothing God can’t do.  I take that back God can’t lie or should I say won’t.  He has promised to never leave us or forsake us and when He says never that means never!  He has also told us that we are never alone because He is with us.  There are times we may feel alone but He is not the one who walked away.  I know that there have been times where I have felt completely alone and felt distance from God, but when I took a close look at it I was the one who pushed Him away.  I am so thankful that I have a God that loves me more than words can say.  There is a saying that actions speaks louder than words.  This is so true.  God died on the cross for my sins, your sins, and all mankind’s sins. Now if that doesn’t say He loves us than what does?  Knowing that how can we not share God’s love with others? 

We are His disciples and we have been called to share the good news with all those we meet.  I hope that when others see me they see Christ in me.  I pray that when I die others will be able to say that I knew God and lived a life that pointed to Him. I hope I live a life that points others to God a not away from Him. No matter if it is work, home, school, on Facebook, the grocery store……wherever we need to show others the love of Christ.  There will be some who will not like you for that but there were some who hated Christ Himself.  That breaks my heart because without Christ and His love we wouldn’t have hope.  My prayer is that all who does not know Him will come to not only know Him but fall in love with Him.  He can truly change a heart and a life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment